Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where's my camera?


Well as you can see from the pictures Evie has had it. She thinks she is an up and coming photographer. I could not find it this morning and was a little worried because of my track record with cameras. I had had it outside in my pocket last night but then did some yard work. Once a month the city comes and picks up all the limbs, branches and grass and today was the day. I had been taking some limbs to the front of the yard and I had also raked up a bunch of grass in the dark. Well I rummaged through the limbs, dumped out the bag of grass clippings hoping to find it. I could not find it. Well I hear a little girl-Evie open up the door and announce that she is awake and hungry. I said, "Evie I am going to need your help today looking for my camera, I think I lost it outside." She says," Oh mom, I already found it. It was under my pillow this morning." I just had to laugh. She was so proud she had found it,and when I asked how it got there she said, " I just forgot about it, sorry." This all before 8 am. I am glad she found it, just wish she would have found it before I went through the grass.

Next I go to upload my pictures and wow- she has a clicker finger. For the past few days she added over 400 pictures to my camera. Maybe I should be watching my child better. It is kinda funny.



This cracks me up, her shadow!

Don't know what is so great about this, I guess she was just in the room.


Mr Skeleton is my kids favorite Halloween decoration/toy. He is aging though, a few broken bones, even some missing ones. They love to dress him up and reposition him. This pose is kinda funny .

I am guessing that Evie wanted to document Nielie's crying.

Another Evie story. Jake's friend brought him over a cinnamon roll on Sunday b/c he had hurt his arm. Well he was saving it for breakfast the next day. Jake woke up Monday and was so mad because someone had eaten his cinnamon roll, but just the middle part- leaving the edges. I knew it was Evie. She had snuck and ate this roll. When she woke I told her that robber had come in our house last night and ate Jake's roll. Her eyes got real big and she said "Wow!" I asked her if that scared her and she just smiled. I asked her if she ate it and she said "no- a robber came and ate it." We are really working on honesty with her. I finally did get it out of her and we made some more cinnamon rolls for the family. She is a little convincing though. We had an incident on Meet the Teacher Night where I thought she had taken some M&M's from the teacher. Actually she had taken them from Office Depot. We went right back to Office Depot( after I drug a screaming, crying Evie out of the school still claiming that the M&M's were hers) and paid them and she apologized. She is a very determined child. I think we were Office Depot for about 10 minutes waiting for her to say she was sorry. She is very dramatic and can really play it up. The funny thing is it is not like she never has sweets.


7 comments:

Kim said...

Tricia, I love reading your posts! I love getting to know the kiddos I haven't had the chance to get to know. I have a story similar to Evie's m&m, but mine was bubble gum:) And her photography is too funny! I dont have your email address to add you to our blog, email me at kwalk_8@yahoo.com so I can:)

hayleyharts said...

I love Evie. She paints the world a differnt color. She is such a firecraker. When you told me the story about the robber..I didn't know she said that! You need to make sure you write all this stuff down!

Jess said...

She is hilarious!!! Love the photos.

Pam And Scott said...

Evie cracks me up!! I have never met a child like her yet. As a matter of fact all your kids are so funny. Allie and her grown up talk, Chase and his Santa sweater, and Evie and her scream! We miss those fun cousins!!

Angela Jamison said...

I just love miss Evie. She totally cracks me up. I really like the picture of her shadow, too cute!! You are the best Mom. I have always loved the way you parent your children. You are such a good example.

Jennilyn said...

I love Evie! I agree with Pam there is only one EVIE! Man that kid is a firecracker!

Angela LaCroix said...

She is so cute. I love how she posed Mr. Skeleton for the picture.