Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Black History Month

This is orchestra and choir singing , if you look real hard you can see Allie playing the violin.



Today while Allie was having piano lessons, Evie came in said "I know what song Allie is playing let me sing it". Allie was playing "This old Man" But Evie sang these words to me.

Martin Luther King
Had a Dream
That we would work as a team
It should not matter the color of our skin
Lets get along and be good friends.

Allie and Evie had special programs at their school for Black History Month. There was a Pastor that spoke at both of them. He had a very good message of having dreams, no matter how bad of circumstances you come from you can dream and make a better life for yourself. There are some very talented kids that sang and one 5th grader recited a portion of "I Have a Dream Speech". Allie played in the orchestra at her program. I am so glad that I was able to talk her into playing in the orchestra. She is very happy that is what she decided to do too. I am real impressed with their performances.

4 comments:

hayleyharts said...

Finally!!! you are so over due..and I glad Black History finally sparked your urge to update your blog! that is so funny about evie..and I forgot allie plays the violin. love it!

Pam And Scott said...

Helloooooooo, so glad you finally posted!!! You must be so busy! I didn't know Allie played the violin and the piano. Plus soccer too, and that is only 1 child..How do you do it?? Can't wait to have you come here...been thinking about it and I need a break I might just have to come with soccer or no soccer, I need some time for myself (can you tell I'm talking myself into that) Now get Hayley, Cindy, Mom, Dedre, Kristy and Jenny to come. Hatrly Women outing!! We could get a Motel and have a blast...wishful thinking I know but you can always DREAM!!!

Taryn said...

I agree with Pam..I think we should all take a trip to Utah! A girls weekend!

I too forgot Allie played Violin! Very cool. and what Evie said..what a silly kid, Meg is missing her!

razzyandme said...

very funny!!!
cool, sounds like fun!