Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Pet Turtle





This is our best picture of the turtle-


When Adam was coming home the other night he saw this turtle on the road so he picked it up. It was the best entertainment! I was surprised that they didn't kill it because of all their playing with it. It lasted over week till Allie let it out of its home/rubbermaid box and it crawled off. A few week later I learned from Pam that turtles can carry salamonella so they aren't good pets for little kids. They had fun feeding it anything they could think of (including a hot dog) and cleaning its shell.

8 comments:

Taryn said...

Meg says " Cool mom...can you get me one?"

Jules said...

Looks like fun! We loved coming to visit your home... it's so great! Miss you though... J

Angela Jamison said...

Hello Biggs,
I am so excited to see that you have a blog. I have missed you guys so much. I love seeing the pic of your kids. You know that Evie has to marry Luke...right....
I hope all is going well. I would love to see some pics of the new house. Our family blog is
angjamison.blogspot.com
Say hi to all the family from Jamison's

Amanda said...

wow that is a pretty big turtle. I think my kids would have a blast also. Garrett was just complaining that all he is allowed to get is a fish for a pet and it just doesn't seem right. :o)

Pam And Scott said...

That Turtle is a little bigger then the one Grandma Hatley flushed down the toilet. I think Grandma would have had a little harder time trying to get rid of that one! It looks like your kids had so much fun playing with the turtle. I bet they were broken hearted when it was gone. Tell Evie I'm glad you updated your "Log".

Jess said...

That looks like a super fun pet...too bad about them sometimes carrying salomonella. It was so fun seeing you this summer for about 10 minutes...wish it was longer!!

The Egan Family said...

oh fun! I bet the Kids loved the Turtle (while it lasted). I'm so glad you updated your blog! its so fun seeing how you guys are doing!

Anonymous said...

love her tiny slit showing child is best