Monday, March 2, 2009

Swing Shift

After I got the kids to bed I was reading this article from Sister Beck in the church news. I LOVE IT and it makes me realize I have to do better.

"The most valuable time of the day for a family is the afternoon/evening shift. Be at the top of your game on swing shift. People are hungry, people are teachable. You feed them; that's when you serve them most. PLAN FOR SWING SHIFT, AND THEN WORK THE REST OF YOUR DAY AROUND THAT."

Hopefully if I do this my life may seem more orderly. Now I just have to figure out how to be at the top of my game!

4 comments:

Pam And Scott said...

If you figure it out let me know. I'm still digging my way up to the top of my game. Just when I think I'm about there I get dumped on again:) Just keep digging, digging, digging! or is that swimming. See I think I'm losing my mind:)

Taryn said...

This is a really great quote. It is defintley a challenge to do, but such a great point! I need to be better!

Hope you don't mind I put it on the R.S blog.

Teresa said...

The time between kids getting home from school and them going to bed really is the worst time of the day at my house too. Let me know if you figure out how to make this work!!!

Angela Jamison said...

I loved that quote. It just reminded me to try to do better on swing shift. Thanks....