Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School






This is Evie and her teacher at meet the teacher night. Evie also was able to try out the cafeteria with some nachos that night also.

This is Evie when I left. She didn't even look up. I waited a few minutes in the hallway to see if she would look at the door but she didn't. She did look up at when the teacher said "Eyes on me." She had the biggest smile on her face but she wasn't looking at me, she was looking at the teacher. She still had not noticed that I was there. Apparently she wasn't scared or sad to leave me.


Yesterday was the first day of school. The kids were pretty excited. The girls were the most though. Evie has been asking each day when school was going to start for the last two weeks. She didn't miss me at all she said when I picked her up from school. It is alot quieter during the day with her gone. She really was ready but it is still kinda hard to let her go. It is a long day 7:45- 3:10. She was so tired this morning but still wanted to go even though I told her she could stay home another year and go next year. One of Evie's biggest surprises yesterday was when were almost to her school after dropping everyone else off she wanted to take off her shoes. I told her she had to keep them on and then she says " You mean I can't take them off when I get to school?"

Allie started Middle school which seems kinda crazy. Our kids are getting older which means we are too. The boys are at the same elementary school together which is nice. Having the kids at three different schools is a little hard but next year will be easier when Evie is at the same school as the boys. School shopping was easy this year because they have to wear uniforms. They have 3 different colored polo shirts ( no logos on them) they can wear khaki or blue uniform pants or skirts. They have to have their shirt tucked in and a belt on and they can wear tennis shoes. They boys were pretty worried about it but after school yesterday Chase said, "Mom the uniforms aren't that bad, it just like any other clothes."

There were a couple of funny one liners yesterday form Nielie. First of all in the morning when we were getting ready for school I said "come,on we have to go to school" and Nielie said all surprised" I five?" She thought she had turned five and was going to school. Then we were eating breakfast and Adam said, "Nielie you are going to work with me." She replied " I not go to work, I not a Daddy." Today when we were walking Evie into school a lady said you have two going to school, Nielie replied before I could ," I not five. I two and a half."

6 comments:

Taryn said...

neilie is adorable! I wish we knew your kids better. Paterson is doing the uniform thing this year too. though they are letting them wear jeans..they just have to be plain 5 pocket jeans. They don't have to wear belts...but they have to wear a polo only. I hear Taden is not happy about it at all...Maybe this will help him see that it's not so bad. :)

Pam And Scott said...

Wow Evie is in school!!! How fun. I'm glad she didn't cry when you left....I think it is the independent Hartley in her:) Love Neily's comment, she is going to be lonely.

Jennilyn said...

They look adorable in their outfits! I am laughing my head off though those boys look too proper in their uniforms! Evie's dress is adorable, and yes allie does look like a P.E. teacher!

hayleyharts said...

that is so cute. evie is so funny. and I can not believe what a character little neilie is. your kids have always had a nack for saying the funniest things! now maybe school is in session i will be able to talk to you more!

The Egan Family said...

The Kids are looking stylish!! Neile is so cute, i love those cute lines she said! We miss you guys, tell the kids hi for us!

meg baker said...

So good to see you at my grandparents party! It is so fun to see your family on your blog!