Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big Move

It has been about 2 1/2 weeks since we moved. We are kinda settled but still have lots to do. Since I am getting good at moving, this time I decided to just unpack with the knowledge that I would rearrange things later. I have always tried to put everything where I want it the first time but it just takes too long.
We are having lots of fun, the kids are having fun playing with toys I have had packed up while were trying to sell our house, it is like having new toys all over again. The kids are now getting ready for school. Evie and I went to buy school supplies for her and the boys today. Figure the boys didn't want to waste their last days of summer buying school supplies. Two more weeks and the fun begins. We have some great neighbors with kids that have been great to our kids. As much as I loved Fairview/Lovejoy I know this will be a good place. Our kids had such great friends, with great families and it was so wonderful for our kids to have all that great influence. In some ways this town reminds of where I grew up, but bigger. It is funny you get used to what you are around and that seems normal. I have already appreciated it being 5 o'clock and still no traffic. I also love being so close to everything. The boys went to FB camp at the HS last week and had lots of fun. FB starts this Sat for them. Allie has met some girls that she is going to school with and they have been great to her. Evie will start Kinder this year and is so excited.

Here are some pics of us enjoying our new home.
This is Jake being super silly and putting on Evie's life jacket to swim.

This is everyones favorite move. Even Nielie will jump from here if Adam is there to catch her.

Hayley this is for you, still trying to break the child labor laws. We don't have much grass to cut, but probably more yard work. I wouldn't let the boys come in till they had filled a target bag with weeds or leaves. It was around 8am so it wasn't too hot.

This is Jake taking a break- and "Hey, where is Chase"? That is what I end up saying over and over again. He somehow manages to wander off.




After our second day here, Nielie was able to figure out how her life jacket works and goes all over the pool.

Evie loves to do "Nutcrackers" off the wall. Where do think she heard this from.






This is the boys at FB camp. There were 190 boys registered from 1-9th grade. Jake is the 3rd boy on the sideline and Chase is behind him. There were some very BIG boys there.

7 comments:

Jennilyn said...

How fun! Looks awesome! Now I just need to come visit you!

Amanda said...

Tricia you always have such an upbeat attitude. We missed seeing you this year. Maybe next?

Taryn said...

wow that looks like a fun pool :) so glad to hear you are settling in fine. You guys are so friendly and nice you will be loaded with friends in no time :) Isn't the eight time a charm :)

Jess said...

What an adventure!! I'm used to moving too:) Good friends are so important, that is so great that your kids have already made friends!

Jennilyn Kent said...

Some of those ninth graders look they should be graduated by now. Do you think they have been held back a few years???? lol Oh and you need to take a picture of Neleah and you put it on your blog and see if people can guess if they know her or not. Come on I want a picture of you and her! THanks!

Kari said...

Tricia, where did you move to? Are you still in Texas?

Pam And Scott said...

Looks like great summer fun!! I'm sure you will make lots of friends out there! Your pool is beautiful..I'm sure the kids love it!