Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!

Happy Birthday Dad! I am so glad that you are on a mission, we sure miss you but I am really glad for the example you are setting for our boys and all the other grand kids. You have been a great Dad and a wonderful Grandpa. I am glad that you made us work even when we hated it and sometimes hated you for making us do stuff. Now as I am trying to teach the kids how to work I am realizing that it takes more effort from the parent to get them to work. One thing you always put first was the Lord. Your pickup always had your scriptures and the Ensign on the front seat. Here are a few things that I have learned from growing up with you as my Dad

1. I can cut the boys hair because of the way you taught me how to use clippers to clip the steers for the fair.
2. I can drive a 26 ft U-Haul through town because you taught me how to drive silage and wheat truck.
3. I can use pesticides and weed killers like no other and I am not scared of using them like most people I know.

I know there are other things but these are the most recently used skilled that are coming to my mind. I sure love you Dad. We all love you here. Thank you for everything and have a Happy Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Yep dad has been a good dad and taught us a lot of things! Mainly get up and start a workin! Next year you better be here for his 70th birthday!

hayleyharts said...

hey is dad really going to be 70? wow..you forgot one thing..how to use your children as cheap labor and ignore child labor laws! allie knows what I am talking about..don't worry allie me and jenni will come and rescue you next summer!! jk..dad is the best.