Wednesday, July 8, 2009

End of School Days

Before my kids were in school I remember a friend telling me that the last weeks of school and right before Christmas school is crazy and as a parent you are super busy. I really did not believe her but she was so right! Here are just a few of the things.

This is Allie on the last day of school as they were all getting their recognition.


Allie and her teacher- Ms. Meyers


Allie at her 5th grade party



Allie had a Beatnik party where they dressed like a Beatnik, recited poetry for us and were treated like we were in a little cafe. She loved her teacher Mrs. Rolhmeier. She was Jake and Allie's Gate 10 teacher. They both loved her! She really was a very big bright spot in their school year.






The 5th grade also had a "green" fashion show where they had to make something out of a recycleable item. Allie made a bubble skirt out of grocery bags.




Then there was field day. Allie and Jake had field day at the High School track. It seemed almost like Christmas Eve at our house they were so excited. This is note that Jake made for himself and left by the bathroom sink the night before.



Allie and Jake at the end of the day after field day. They both had so much fun. Allie even ran in a boys relay but they took 4th. They did field day with the 3 other elementary schools in Lovejoy. Jake got 1st in 100, 200 and 400 relay. Allie got 1st in the 50 and 100.

6 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Oh what little cuties! Tell Allie to stop growing up! It seems just like yesterday i was taking her shopping with me when she was only 3 yrs old and I thought she was the best shopping partner ever!

Taryn said...

First off...Holy Cow Allie is grown up! She totally looks like a preteen now! It's soo sad! You really need to make it up here to visit :) Then second...I am soo cracking up at Jakes reminder note. "A Game" Seriously that boy is so darn funny!

donna said...

Yes it is. I was amazed at how crazy the last few weeks of school were. Hello i think life is very crazy and busy!

The Egan Family said...

I can't believe how old Allie is getting (and beautiful)! I LOVE her skirt, thats such an adorable idea!

Pam And Scott said...

Allie, you are so cute, talented and just plain smart!! I love that all these little boys are athletes. Jayden was so excited that Jake won his races this year too. Jayden beat a boy he has never beaten before to take first place. You would have thought Jayden had won the lottery:) Jayden's relay team was disqualified when the last racer ran out of the lines to give the teacher his baton instead of crossing the finish line. The kid got a little mixed up. Wish we could have been there to watch your kids. Jayden talks non stop of Jake, Chase and Allie. Last night he was remembering when they stayed outside in the tent trailor together one summer. Fun Times:)

hayleyharts said...

I love the a-game. that sounds just like jake. and you are SOO busy..I don't get wake-up calls from you anymore...I have to say that I kinda miss them. anyways tell allie I loved her bubble skirt. that is so funny. she has such a eye for good fashion.