Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Spring Baseball






This spring the boys both played on baseball teams with several of their friends. I have loved it here because they end up playing with so many kids from school that they see everyday. They have overlapped too playing FB, basketball and baseball with the same kids. We are going to miss these great families and boys and coaches.

My boys claim that bats make all the difference. Adam surprised them with composite bats. They took such good care of them to point it was driving me crazy. They wouldn't leave them in garage(too hot and would ruin them) wouldn't use them at the batting cages (need different bats for those) would clean them after each game to get any marks off. This is a picture they took with their old bats. The new ones were able to stay in their room (a controlled temperature) and were actually always leaned against the dresser. This was the killer though, one time I had to go somewhere between games and Jakes bat bag was in the car. He wanted me to take the bat in the store because it would get to hot in the car. I put my foot down and said I am not carrying a bat into a store, it will be okay for 10 minutes. I was actually pretty happy that they were taking such good care of their bats. This is the sad thing though. Chase had a game after one of Jake's games and Jake left his bat bag. We have not gotten it back. It had his nice bat, another bat and his mitt and balls with names on them. We have prayed and even fasted and the bag has not been found or turned in. It has been a good and a hard lesson for all to make sure and not leave anything behind

1 comment:

Cin said...

Tricia-
I Miss your kids so much it sure makes me realize how much they are growing up. Taden and Carson have played ball this summer but i can tell you we are lucky to even make sure they have their hat with them and the bats they could be any where(i try to keep them in the car just dont tell Jake lol) I think its greats your boys have such a great appreciation you have SUPER kids Good luck Jake & Chace