Thursday, July 16, 2009

George Strait


George Strait came and opened up the new Cowboy Stadium. I had seen him in college and thought it would be neat to go but then I thought- Tricia your pretty old, your kids will have games that day, you don't have time and just too much hassle. Well the week before I kinda was getting the urge and when we were in the car I said,"Allie how bout me and you go the George Strait concert next week?" She said "Mom we really should just stay home and spend time together as a family." I responded by telling her that we wouldn't be spending time together because me and Adam had to go to some work function over in Ft Worth and I knew we couldn't go to the concert I just wanted to tease here. The weekend before we had been gone b/c we had to go to a wedding over in Tyler, so it would be 2 weekends with spending time with the kids. Well anyway sure enough we had to leave the baseball game early, Aunt Laura came over to babysit so we could get over to Ft Worth for some work party. All the way there the traffic was crazy b/c of the George Strait concert that also had Reba, Blake Shelton, and Lee Ann Womack. Anyway I was not real excited to go a work party and was getting a little irritated with Adam for going this one way- which seemed to go into all the traffic. I was really getting mad when he stopped to ask a parking attendant for directions until the man asked for tickets and Adam handed him our parking tickets. It wasn't until then I realized that he had gotten us tickets for our Birthdays to go see Mr George! I really was so excited and understood why he told me the theme was Western for the work party and it was in Ft Worth. First of all the stadium was incredible. I didn't know they could make stadiums look that fancy outside the suites. The screen is amazingly huge. They were all great! We there around 5:30 and Lee Ann Womack had just started and the concert wasn't over till 11:30 or so.
George Strait is just so classy. I could have listed to him all night. Adam had actually gotten the tickets back in Feb and kept it a secret that long. He did a great job on this surprise. Allie had actually known and kept it a secret too-
I have say that I was again very glad to be from Texas. I have always loved George Strait since I was probably 1o years old. He sang some great songs, like "If it wasn't for Texas" and they showed all these great places. I really do love it here. When he got on stage he started saying "Jerry open the roof!" and kept chanting it till he opened it. Pretty neat stadium but I would have to say that for me it was the music and Adam's company that made it a fantasic night.

These pictures show all the natural light that comes through and kinda shows how big the screens are. It really doesn't do them justice on just how large the middle screen really is. This is Mr. Blake Shelton.







This Reba singing "Fancy". She changed her clothes and came back and sang this song. She is still so good!

4 comments:

The Boyos said...

What a clever husband! And to keep it a secret so long! That is amazing, a good surprise is so much fun!!

Taryn said...

Wow...that's such a cool surprise! I love George too and wow that would have been so fun to go too. Way to go Adam!

Jules said...

What a great hubby! I am jealous! Looks like it was a great concert! Good job Adam!!! We miss you guys--- let's get together this week. My kids leave Sat. for 3 weeks... :)

Pam And Scott said...

I would have died to go to that concert!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Reba! Shantae always called Blake Shelton hwe "Boyfriend" (until he cut his hair) and of course the one and only "Gorgeous George"! Boy Adam, I would love you forever for those tickets. Tricia is a lucky lady!!!!!