Monday, February 16, 2009

Am I my mother?



We have had some real problems with the kids bathroom for about 2 weeks. I had cleaned up a flooded toilet about 20 too many times in a 2 week period. I had gotten out the good ol'snake several times but could find nothing. After a day when I was tired of cleaning up poopy water (It seemed like about the 4th time in one day) and finding nothing with the snake I had had it. Part of the problem was the kids would flush and leave the room and not realize the toilet had overflowed. Then I remembered my mom and how she would get the snake out when the toilet wouldn't come unplugged and just had to laugh. I don't remember her getting as mad as I was getting but I wonder if she did. I do need to be thankful for one thing though, because of her use of the snake I knew what one was. I wanted to call a plumber but Adam wanted to figure it out. He actually removed the toilet and found the little toy Nielie had stuck in the toilet. I had wondered about Nielie doing something like that b/c she loves to flush the toilet. Luckily I have not had to touch snake since Adam fixed it.

3 comments:

Pam And Scott said...

Fun times! I bet we had a snke in the toilet or had to remove the toilet at least once for every kid! What is it with kids and toilets. They put everything down it except what needs to go down, and either way we just keep cleaning up after them.

Taryn said...

I think this is a good post to prep me for the worst with two 2 yr olds running around! So far I have been able to keep my kids out of our toilet, but I have a feeling it's gonna be really hard to keep these 2 coming out of it! Luckily by then Berniel will be back and maybe she can teach me how to use the snake :)

hayleyharts said...

I totally remember the snake...ya know mom has taught be some really good things in the plumbing department...i have fixed my disposel and drain when something has gotten lodged...