Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hello again Dr McNutt

I was almost to the school to volunteer in Chase's class when the school nurse called me (her calls are way too frequent I must add) to tell me Allie had hurt her hand during recess and I need to get her to a Dr. So we call Dr McNutt's office and he was in surgery for the day so we went to Dr G. He ordered x-rays, it is fractured (I think he said on the growth plate). There was not a ortho that could see her today so we will go back tomorrow.

Adam was proud of her and how she broke it. She was playing FB/2hand touch at recess and she was going after a boy. He turned and her finger popped. She never cried . When I got to the school I asked the nurse is she crying, she say she was actually laughing. Sure enough she was giggling. She thought it was pretty funny. I am just glad she is okay and it is not major. I am thankful also to have lived her long enough to feel comfortable knowing which Drs to go too. I love Dr G and Dr McNutt. One thing I am not looking forward to is wrapping her cast with padding to play soccer. We too familiar with cast padding.

Here are some pics within the hour after she hurt it.



These are her fingers tonight around 6pm.








This is really funny though. I called the school so the boys could go home with friends. There was a different lady at the front desk and when she realized that our kids ride a different bus than their friends she said they couldn't do that, that we had to check with transportation dept(I hated to make matters worse by saying our kids ride home with friends and come to our house all the time). I told her I didn't know how long I was going to be and they need to ride home with their friends. She was very nice and said I will call transportation for you. Rene ( the mother of the kids our kids were going home with) called me a few minutes later laughing so hard. The office had called her and said that they were going to send our kids (her 3 and my 2) home one a different bus. They sent a special bus to take those 5 kids home alone because they thought the other one would be too crowded with our additional 2 kids. I still laugh thinking about those kids riding alone on their private bus. When I picked them up Chase said it was awesome! I really am embarrassed too- I could have called someone else to get them. Rene even said she would come pick them up at the school but they said it was no problem, the bus was ready to go.

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Allie, You poor thing. Hope everything goes well on monday and you take it easy this weekend. I love you, Jenni

Pam And Scott said...

We got a big kick out of the bus story! I can't believe in these economic times Texas is sending out a bus for 5 kids!! What a hoot. Good luck allie! Keep chasing those boys!