Monday, February 16, 2009

Family Campout in the Back Yard








The week before Chase's Birthday we had so much fun with a campfire in the back yard. We spent about 3 hours outside. It was so cold- about 30 degrees outside, a full moon and just beautiful outside. Adam gave us some country tune with his I-Phone and we felt like we were back in College Station @ Snook. We had hot dogs and smores. Adam really made it camp out by putting up the tent and sleeping outside with the kids. I felt it was too cold for Nielie (actually I thought it was way to cold for myself too). About 4:30 a.m. I woke up in the house b/c I was cold and it was 26 degrees outside I went out and made them all come in. It was real fun! We can't wait for the burn ban to be lifted in Collin Co so we can do it again.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

that looks like fun, I see jake is just as silly as ever!

hayleyharts said...

finally new posts!!! looks like you guys had a blast...those hog dog winers look huge..or is that just the camera playing tricks..

Shawn and Shantae Yeats said...

That sounds so fun! Your kids are so cute. Wish we could see you guys more often.

Jennilyn said...

You are the best mom. I want a fire pit someday! I love those kids and can't wait to see them again!